CAT stands for the Common admission test which is conducted for the selection of candidates into IIMs which is the Indian Institute of management. This exam also knowns as one of the toughest Exams of India. Here in this article, we will discuss the complete details of the IIM CAT 2020 Notification, CAT eligibility Criteria, CAT notification, CAT Exam Date and Selection process, etc.
IIM CAT 2020 Notification, Eligibility and Exam Date:-
The Exam of IIM CAT is conducted once in a year and here recently released vacancy of the CAT 2020 exam. we will discuss the eligibility of CAT, exam date and the Selection process of the CAT exam. to get the complete details about the CAT exam, read our article below:-
CAT Eligibility Criteria:-
CAT Eligibility Criteria or you can also say this Eligibility Criteria for IIMs. Any candidate who has done the graduation can apply for this. Candidates applying for CAT 2020 should fulfill any one of the following conditions. Candidates applying for CAT 2020 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 50% in graduation.
- And there is 5% relaxation in marks. in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), scheduled tribe (ST).
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates should have a minimum of 45%. For General, EWS, and NC-OBC
candidates, the minimum is 50%.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution.
CAT Selection Process 2020:-
The selection process of CAT 2020 is also the same as it was earlier. The selection of the candidates would be four phases. we will here discuss those four phases of exams:-
- Entrance Test
- Written Exam (this is also called a WAT written ability test).
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
These are those four stages of test, which you have to clear to get into the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) let’s discuss in details about those four phases of selection:-
Entrance Test:- This is also called Stage I exam. If you clear this stage, only you will appear for Stage 2.
WAT (Written Ability Test)– This Exam is just to check your Writing capacity and vocabs power and everything related to the writing. you will be given 15-20 minutes and you have written an essay on the given topic. This is not tough for you are good at it if you are not starting practicing.
Group Discussion- This is Group discussion where you have to discuss over the given topic with 8-10 other candidates, this test is just to check your candidate’s group’s dynamic. Always listen first then speak. this is all about how well you present yourself.
Personal Interview- Here Candidate has to present himself or herself before the panel of 4-6 interviewers and here you will be asked about your education, hobbies, experience, and passion, etc.
So, this is the process of selection in IIMs and this is one of the most prestigious institutes in India.
CAT Exam Date 2020:-
The exam date of CAT exam 2020 has not been released yet because the result of the 2019 CAT exam has not been declared yet, the result of 2019 CAT exam will be declared in the January 2020 and Maybe after the declaration of the 2019 result, the CAT 2020 exam will be announced. The expected month of the CAT exam 2020 is in November but this is not an official announcement, it can be a chance. The exam of the CAT 2020 will be held on 24 November 2020. as per the recent report. keep checking the website for further updates.
CAT preparation tips for beginners:-
when you think of starting preparation for the CAT, the very first thing you have to do is, understand the basics and the syllabus of CAT.
- If you are a beginner, Join the coaching academy and understand the tips and tricks to study and make friends the best students in the class.
- Always study more than other students of your coaching. first, you have to beat the competition of your coaching and then think of the Indian Level.
- Solve sample papers of previous year questions papers as much as you can.
- Learn to manage time, and try to solve to question papers within time.
- Always listen to your teachers because they have the experience, they have seen many ups and downs of the students.
- And your selection always depends on your hard work and dedication.
- UP SI Notification Eligibility Criteria Exam Date Etc. 2019
- December 2019 Weekly Current Affairs Download PDF For All Competitive Exams
- List of Diseases Caused by Bacteria in Human
This is all about the IIM CAT 2020 Notification, Eligibility and Exam Date. If you like this article and find useful then share it with your friends. also, feel free to comment in the below section. if you guys want to appreciate my afford please share my post with your friends by which they can also avail of my services. For any Private add and other inquiry mail us at [email protected]