UPSC conducts examination for Assistant Commandant post, every year, the eligible candidate may apply, but before apply you must know UPSC CAPF AC Physical Efficiency, Physical Standards and Medical Tests, in full detail. And if you find yourself fit into these criteria then you can apply. Here in this article, we are going to cover all the CAPF AC Physical Eligibility criteria. So keep scrolling below to find the Assistant Commandant Physical Efficiency Test along with Medical Test.
CAPF Assistant Commandant Physical Efficiency/Standard:-
For joining Indian Armed forces you need to be fit in all aspect, it is either physical or mental. Physically and a Mentally strong person can be survived in the Indian army because they (Army) test your full ability during the training period and if you are not fit then they send you back to home. So before going for the application process you must know the complete Assistant commandant Physical Eligibility (CAPF AC Physical Efficiency) Criteria so you can evaluate yourself that you are fit or not.
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests as indicated below.
UPSC CAPF AC Physical Efficiency Test (PET):-
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||NA|
Note:- Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidate will be rejected.
CAPF AC Physical Standards Tests:-
CAPF AC Physical Eligibility is tabulated below, these are the standard of joining the Indian Army as an Assistant Commandant.
(with 5 cm minimum
UPSC CAPF AC Assistant Commandant Medical Standard Test:-
Medical Standards Tests will be conducted only in respect of candidates who are declared qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test. CPF Medical Standard Test to check the standards specified in the below table.
1. Vision or Eyesight Standard:-
For joining Indian Armed Forces you need correct eyesight, here we are listing the Eyesight standard.
|With Glasses/LASIK Surgery*|
|Limits of Refractive|
|Colour Perception-III (CP-III) by ISIHARA plates.|
LASIK Surgery Criteria:-
Yes, LASIK Surgery is allowed in the Indian Army with some criteria, Read all the criteria in the below table.
|Pre LASIK error||6 D|
|Post-operative period||Should be a stable refractive flap|
|Interval||06 months (post-operative period mandatory) Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for|
recruitment in CAPFs
2. Carrying angle:- Carrying angle should not be more than 15˚ for male and 20˚ for female.
3. Ear:- (i) Candidate should not have any degree of deafness or persistent ear discharge. (ii) Candidate should not have any other condition (congenital or acquired) like atresia of the meatus, exostosis, neoplasm which is causing obstruction of ear passage and should not have a history of recurrent earache, tinnitus and vertigo.
4. Nose:- Candidates should not have DNS, atrophic rhinitis, tubercular ulceration, chronic sinusitis.
5. Neck:- Candidate should not have enlarged lymph nodes, thyroid or another swelling of the neck, inability to extend the neck fully or any evidence of disease of the spine or cervical vertebrae.
6. Teeth:- Candidate must possess a sufficient number of sound teeth for efficient mastication. Candidate should not have severe pyorrhea.
7. Venereal Disease:- Candidate should not have active signs of clinical VD.
8. Chronic skin diseases:- Candidate should not have chronic skin diseases like Leprosy, chronic dermatitis, extensive Pityriasis Versicolor, psoriasis, SLE etc.
Some General CAPF AC Physical Eligibility Standard:-
- The speech should be without impediment i.e. no stammering.
- The candidate should not have any indication of chronic disease like TB, any type of arthritis, high blood pressure, Diabetes, Bronchial Asthma, and heart disease.
- Candidate should not have perceptible and visible glandular swelling anywhere in the body.
- The chest should be well-formed, devoid of any abnormality like flat chest, Pigeon chest, with rickety rosary effects. Heart and lungs should be sound.
- Limbs, hands and feet should be well-formed and fully developed and there shall be a perfect motion of all joints.
- Should not have any old/malunited fracture of bones.
- There should be free and perfect movements of all the joints.
- Feet and toes should be well-formed.
- Should not have congenital malformation or defects. (Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for recruitment in CAPFs).
- Should not bear traces of previous acute or chronic disease pointing to an impaired constitution.
- Candidate should have no disease of the genitourinary tract.
- Candidate should have no inguinal, scrotal swelling, any type of Hernia.
- (Only for male) Both the testicles are in the scrotum and of normal size.
- The candidate must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose veins.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
(a) Content: Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus, tattoos depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are to be permitted.
(b) Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
(c) Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
UPSC Official Website- upsc.gov.in