‘What is the best study material for UPSC IAS exam preparation?’, is the most commonly asked question by IAS aspirants. Books are an important source of material, required any exam. Thus, choosing the right study material is one of the major tasks to turn it into a useful resource.
As we know there are a plethora of books available in the market with the fake name of authors, therefore it is essential to choose the study material wisely. Here you will find a list of most important books which can be referred to while preparing for IAS 2019 exam.
What is the Best Study Material for UPSC IAS Exam Preparation?
UPSC IAS Study Material:-
The basic concepts are almost the same in every book, but what makes the difference is the application of the concepts. Studying from the relevant book is one of the crucial things for an IAS aspirant. Therefore, to score maximum in every stage of an IAS exam follow the below-listed books recommended by the experts for an immense preparation of IAS 2019 exam.
List of UPSC IAS Books for Prelims:-
IAS Preparation Books – Here you will find a list of relevant books that can save your precious time and improve your preparation level. The following list of best books contains many of the basic NCERT and other additional books. Below is the list of books with an updated pattern of the examination with the detailed concept and of the examination. The list is as follows:
- NCERT Class XI – Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- NCERT Class XI – Physical Environment
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- NCERT Class XII – Fundamentals of Human Geography
- NCERT Class XII – People and Economy
2. History and Art & Culture
- Ancient India: Class XI Old NCERT by RS Sharma to cover the entire syllabus of ancient Indian history.
- Medieval India: Class XI NCERT History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra to cover the entire syllabus of medieval Indian history.
- Modern India: A Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir.
- Art & Culture: NCERT Class XI – An Introduction to Indian Art and Indian Art & Culture by Nitin Singhania.
3. Indian Polity and Governance by Laxmikanth:-
4. Economic and Social Development
- Economy: NCERT Class XII – Introductory Microeconomics
- Economy: NCERT Class XII – Introductory Macroeconomics
- Indian Economy Key Concepts by K Sankarganesh
5. Ecology & Environment:-
- Science: Class XII – Biology
- Environment booklet by Shankar IAS Academy
6. General Science: Science & Technology by A. Singh
7. Current events of National and International Importance
- Daily newspapers, either The Hindu or Indian Express.
8. Other Miscellaneous Books
- Geography of India by M. Hussain
- History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra
- The Wonder that was India by Basham
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- Indian Economy by Dutta/Puri or Ramesh Singh
- Manorama Yearbook
- 20 years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Solved Papers.
List of UPSC IAS Book for Mains Exam:-
1. General Studies – I
- History and Art & Culture of India by Bipan Chandra.
- Ancient India by RS Sharma
- A Brief History of Modern India by Sujata Menon
- Facets of Indian Culture’ by Spectrum
- Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lewis
- Social Problems in India by Ram Ahuja
2. General Studies – II
- Polity, Social Justice & Governance
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth
- International Relations
- India’s Foreign Policy since Independence by V P Dutt
- Challenge and Strategy: Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy by Rajiv Sikri
- Indian Economy by Mishra and Puri
- Current Economic Survey
- NIOS Study Material for Environmental Studies
3. General Studies – III
- Economic Development
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Biodiversity, Environment Technology
- Security and Disaster Management
- Challenges to Internal Security of India by Ashok Kuma
4. General Studies – IV
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for IAS General Studies Paper IV
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude for Civil Services Examination by G Subba Rao
- Previous Year Solved Papers
- Monthly Current Affairs
- UPSC Study Material
- Gist of Yojana
Following the above-mentioned study material by heart and practicing them properly will improve your concepts and surely help you gain marks in the upcoming IAS 2019 exam.
For Better Preparation and Better Study material Please Visit Wifigyan.com on regular Basis. Here You will find all the books related to all subjects free of cost. My main aim to help the students who are not able to buy all the expensive books. if you guys want to appreciate my afford please share my post with your friends by which they can also avail my services.
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media. To get daily information about our post please Click The Bell Icon Which is Given Below.