Currently CAGThe CAG in India is considered equivalent to a sitting judge. The CAG ranks ninth among the highest places in India. Former Deputy Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, G. C. Murmu is the current CAG of India. who assumed the charge in August 2020. G. C. Murmu is the 14th CAG officer in India.
Appointment of CAGThe Comptroller and Auditor General in India are appointed by the President of India. For this, the Comptroller and Auditor General has to complete the following procedure
- For an appointment, the Comptroller and Auditor General have to give an affidavit in which he performs all the duties of India.
What is the Job Profile of CAG India
- The employees working in the post of CAG have to keep a record of receipts and expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India and the Legislative Assembly of the State and Union Territories.
- Examining the accounts of the trending, manufacturing, profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and other subsidiary accounts kept in any government department, stores and stocks kept in government offices or departments.
- As per the provisions of the Companies Act 2013, to view the accounts of Government companies.
- Examining and examining the provisions of the relevant laws made by the MP or by the employees under him.
- The accounts of the finances of officers and bodies related to the Consolidated Fund of the Union and State Governments are assigned to the CAG.
- The grant made by the government to bodies and officials for specific purposes is subject to the CAG.
- The CAG is subject to editing the report for Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies as per technical instructions and assistance.
- Transactions related to deposits, remittances, trade and manufacturing are under CAG.
- It is the task of the CAG to improve the profit and loss account and balance to be given as per the orders of the President or the Governors.
- As per the Companies Act, the accounts of Government companies are subject to CAG.
- According to the Supreme Court, the CAG can audit private firms in revenue share deals with the general government.
Controller and Auditor General of India Salary (What is the Job Profile of CAG India)The CAG i.e. Controller and Auditor General have a grade pay of 4800. Based on this, they paid around ₹ 225000 to 250000 per month. Apart from these salaries, they are also given many benefits and perks. Following are the benefits and rewards given to the CAG Auditor employees in addition to the salary per month.
- Mobile phone bill
- House Rent Allowance (if not given quarters) – HRA
- transportation allowance (TA)
- Dearness allowance (payable per 6 months) – DA
Retirement of Controller and Auditor-General (What is the Job Profile of CAG India)To remove the Controller and Auditor General of India to be selected by the current President of India, it is necessary to be unanimous in the Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha. The CAG can work in the office till the age of 65 years or above 6 years. Prematurely abusing the CAG can be removed today with the cooperation of both houses on the basis of capacity.What is Veto Power of President of India
CAG Audit ScopeCAGs are employees working under a constitutional authority whose task is to investigate matters related to revenue allocation and economy. Government accounts in India are assigned to the CAG of India. In addition, the accountable to the CAG by all the expenditure of the state governments. The CAG is responsible for auditing any type of accounts and transactions related to contingency money in MP.The CAG is also elected the chairman of the United Nations Board of Auditors. After which CAG is appointed as external auditor of 11 UN organizations. The following 11 organizations of the United Nations are
- United Nations Secretariat (UNS).
- United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC)
- Strategic heritage plan (SHP)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- United Nations Joint Employees Pension Fund (WNJEPF)
- United Nations Escrow Account (UNEA)
- International Business Center (IBC) – Capital Master Plan (CMP)
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
List of some CAGs of IndiaTo date, 14 persons have served as CAG in Azad India. Below we are sharing the list related to the name and tenure of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
|serial number||CAG names||since when||Till when|
|1||V Narhari Rao||1948||1954|
|2||A K Chanda||1954||1960|
|3||A K Rai||1960||1966|
|7||T N Chaturvedi||1984||1990|
|8||C. G. Somaya||1990||1996|
|9||V. K. Shunglu||1996||2002|
|10||V. N. Kaoul||2002||2008|
|12||Shashi Kant Sharma||2013||2017|
|14||G. C. Murmu||2020||till now|