Work Profile of Income Tax Commissioner:- Friends, today we will give you information about the post of such an officer through this article. Who has knowledge about all types of tax coming into the country? Yes, friends, today we will give you detailed information about the work of the Income Tax Commissioner and salary. If you know what income tax is, then you will understand the information about the income tax commissioner. First of all, we will share with you brief information about income tax. And will give you information about why income tax is levied in our country and which employees have to work to collect this income tax.
What is income tax? and Work Profile of Income Tax Commissioner
Income tax is the tax that the government takes out of income on people’s income. Income tax applies to financial income generated by all entities located within the jurisdiction of governments. Taxes in India can be classified into two parts, direct and indirect. Direct tax is that. Which you pay directly to the government on your income. Whereas indirect tax is a tax that someone else collects on your behalf and pays to the government. For example, restaurants, theatres, and e-commerce websites charge you tax on the goods you buy or the services you take. Restaurants, developers, and e-commerce websites charge you tax on the goods you buy or the service you take.
By law, every business and person is eligible to pay tax or a tax return, and they have to file an income tax return every year. Income tax is an important source of money. Which the government uses to fund its activities and serve the public.
Work of Income Tax Commissioner
- Preparation of policies relating to the discharge of statutory functions of the Central Government and Board under various laws related to direct tax.
- To prepare the structure and organization of the Income Tax Department.
- Knowing the tax information of all tax-paying persons in the country.
- To scrutinize those persons for non-payment of tax from time to time.
- Viewing daily reports and files of all officers and other employees working under the Income Tax.
- Raiding the houses of any big or small industrialists, if required.
- Method and procedure of work of the Board.
- Settlement of assessment, tax collection, prevention and detection of tax evasion and the goal of tax avoidance.
- To look into all other matters related to the career prospects and service conditions of the Income Tax Department personnel related to recruitment and training.
- Ensuring preference and setting goals for disposal of tax assessment and collection and other related matters.
- In each case, Rs. Over 25 lakh tax demand to be rejected.
- Formulation of policy related to the grant of certificate of appreciation and award.
- Transfer and posting of officers in the cadre of Chief Commissioner of Income Tax and Commissioner of Income Tax.
- To look after all the work related to the reports of various commissions and committees related to direct tax management.
- Control and supervision of the work of Chief Engineer (Evaluation Cell).
Income Tax Commissioner Salary
Friends, if you want to work in the post of Income Tax Commissioner. So you need to know the steps to become an Income Tax Commissioner. Below we are given information about the salaries of all the employees working under the Income Tax Department. An income tax commissioner is given 37400 to ₹ 67000 per month. Their salaries and Work Profile of Income Tax Commissioner is good.
|Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 80,000 (fixed)|
|Chief Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 75,500-80,000|
|Principal Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 67,000-79,000|
|Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 37,400-67,000|
|Additional/Joint Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 7,600||Rs. 37,400-67,000|
|Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 6,600||Rs. 15,600-39,100|
|Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 5,400||Rs. 15,600-39,100|
|Reserves (Group ‘A’)||Rs. 5,400||Rs. 15,600-39,100|
|Income Tax Officer||Rs. 4,800/Rs. 5,400||Rs. 9,300-34,800|
How to become Income Tax Commissioner?
Friends, if you also want to get a good salary by working in the post of an income tax commissioner. So you should know about all the process of becoming an Income Tax Commissioner.
Through UPSC:- To become an Income Tax Commissioner, you must first appear for the UPSC Examination after clearing the prelims, mains and interview you have to choose the income tax department to work. (Work Profile of Income Tax Commissioner)
Through SSC CGL:- In order to become an income tax officer, candidates have to first get a degree from a recognized university. After which you can sit for the CGL exam conducted by SSC. The CGL exam is conducted by SSC every year. To become an income tax officer, you have to pass the SSC CGL exam. To become an income tax officer, you should have a minimum age of 21 years and a maximum of 27 years. For the income tax officer, you have to pass the two-stage examination under the CGL exam. Once you pass the CGL exam and become an income tax officer. Then after that, you are given a promotion from time to time. After this promotion, you are selected to work for the post of Income Tax Commissioner. (Work Profile of Income Tax Commissioner)
Income tax commissioner promotion
Friends, if you are working on the post of Income Tax Officer, then you can be made Income Tax Commissioner only after promotion. In the Income Tax Department, an officer is promoted in the following order.
Income Tax Officer (Inspector) ——> Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax —–>Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax ——-> Joint Commissioner of Income Tax ——> Additional Commissioner of Income Tax ——–>Commissioner of Income Tax ——–> Chief Commissioner ——-> Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- What is income tax? Answer:- Income tax is the tax that the government takes out of income on people’s income.
- How to become Income Tax Commissioner? Answer:- You have to become an Income Tax Officer before becoming an Income Tax Commissioner.
- How to become an income tax officer? Answer:- To become an income tax officer, you have to pass the SSC CGL exam.
- What is the order of promotion of Income Tax Commissioner? Answer:- Following is the promotion order of Income Tax Commissioner. Commissioner of Income Tax ——–> Chief Commissioner ——-> Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
- How much is the income tax commissioner’s salary? Answer:- Income tax commissioner’s salary ranges from 37400 to ₹ 67000 per month.